For English-speaking visitors :) Welcome !

Moderaator: Moded

Kasutaja avatar

madone
Mode

Lugemata postitus Postitas madone »

Welcome!

Long way round inspired me too... I`m planning a little trip myself, maybe around estonia for a start - makes about 1200 +-300 km.

cappuccino is cappuccino :P everyone will understand!
Beer is about 10 EEK (0,6 EUR or smth) at supermarket to 30 EEK 0.5L at cafeteria. Take into consideration that average beer is about 15 EEK (1 EUR) and you`ll be just fine wherever you go.

Police is pain in da ass and it`s very wise not to exceed speed limit!
Sometimes they even stop bikers with no reason or may come at you when you are taking petrol. If there is no speed sign then it means that you must not exceed 90 kmh to stay out of trouble! Ofcourse beware of shitty and dirty roads!

Julge
Tsikkel: HD VRSCDX Night Rod Special
Kontakt:

Lugemata postitus Postitas Julge »

Welcome to Estonia! - as our country's slogan says! But maybe you can let us know when you are planning to be in Estonia and what kind of tour are you planning to make here. So we could help you with a bit more hints like where to stay, what to see, where to go, which events to visit etc.
Kasutaja avatar

pritsu
Tsikkel: TDM 850
Tänatud: 1 kord

Lugemata postitus Postitas pritsu »

Beware about Your Pub-visitings in Estonia. Our police is very zealous to take an alco-tests. ;)
Õigekirjaoskus massidesse!
Kasutaja avatar

Habib
Tsikkel: Suzuki V-Strom

About the police...

Lugemata postitus Postitas Habib »

Well, actually it is not that bad! Yes, the speed limit outside the cityes is 90, but they do not really bother you, until you drive under 115. Over that, yes, they stop you if they see you. But again, there are not so many of them around and they are WAY better than their polish collegues, you can count on that! I have been in poland twice and comparing with polish police the estonian police is sweet and gentle.
With a bike I have been stopped by the police one time during past five years and pretty much the same with the other bikers I know. And again, it depends on your driving manners, doing 200 on a country road makes you an attempting target.
About alcohol. Until 0,2 % you can drive, 0,2 - 0,49% they usually let you go or just stop the bike and wait until you are OK (or they are gone). Or they can do you a minor fine(around 300EEK, as far as I know). Driving with more than 0,5% can get you in trouble, the fines for that are quite heavy.
So honestly, I´ve been in the countries you counted and among them, the estonian police is the one you have to worry the least.
And by the way, in case you are doing everything right(by the rules), it is not allowed for the police to stop you (there are couple of exeptions, but that is the principle), and as far as I know they pretty much follow that rule. And if they are disturbing you during the break or in the gas station you can tell them to go fuck themselves(in a polite manner of cource:) Well, I´ve never heard them doing that, though.
So, You´re welcome!
By the way, about the beer, drink A Le Coq, the best!
Dživjali! (or something like that...)

triplekix
Tsikkel: Suzuki GSX-R 1000 K8 2008a.
Kontakt:

Lugemata postitus Postitas triplekix »

Habib kirjutas:

1) About alcohol. Until 0,2 % you can drive, 0,2 - 0,49% they usually let you go or just stop the bike and wait until you are OK (or they are gone). Or they can do you a minor fine(around 300EEK, as far as I know). Driving with more than 0,5% can get you in trouble, the fines for that are quite heavy.

2) By the way, about the beer, drink A Le Coq, the best!
1) Ära peksa segast oma 0.2-0.49 promilliga????
kus riigis sa elad????

2) Saku ka hea:))) ale kukelt ainuke joodav on tõmmu hiid.
Kui sa ikka kõike oskad, siis ei ole karta miskit.

Õigusabi.

Perekonnaõiguslike probleemide (elatise määramine, suhtluskorra määramine, elukoha määramine jms) puhul, saate abi siit:
http://www.puurits.ee
Hagide koostamine, konsultatsioonid, kohtus esindamine jms.

kopu
Tsikkel: KTM 250 EXC-F
Tänanud: 1 kord

From Sarajevo

Lugemata postitus Postitas kopu »

The prices in Estonia are almost the same as in Sarajevo, so if you have been in Bosnia you know what to expect. But in Estonia you dont find so many policemans than in Sarajevo:). Also the girls are beautiful in both places.
Kasutaja avatar

Piipz
Soe ja sõbralik
Tsikkel: V-Strom 1050DE
Tänanud: 126 korda
Tänatud: 325 korda
Kontakt:

Lugemata postitus Postitas Piipz »

einoh.. tõenäoliselt ei tule mees, kelle käest on tulnud ainult 2 postitust, 3 kuud hiljem veel siia tsekkama, et äkki keegi on veel midagi kirjutanud?
  • Kontakt: ES või piipz (ät) biker.ee / tel 58413942

triplekix
Kontakt:

minu vastus oligi habibile, mitte teema autorile.
Sellest ka eesti keelne vastus.

Õigusabi.

Perekonnaõiguslike probleemide (elatise määramine, suhtluskorra määramine, elukoha määramine jms) puhul, saate abi siit:
Kasutaja avatar

Pihelgas
Mode
Tänanud: 1 kord

Lugemata postitus Postitas Pihelgas »

triplekix kirjutas:
minu vastus oligi habibile, mitte teema autorile.
Sellest ka eesti keelne vastus.
ja Piipz vastas Kopule :wink:

triplekix
Kontakt:

Piipz kirjutas:
einoh.. tõenäoliselt ei tule mees, kelle käest on tulnud ainult 2 postitust, 3 kuud hiljem veel siia tsekkama, et äkki keegi on veel midagi kirjutanud?
nüüd pead oma sõnu sööma:)))

Õigusabi.

Whitebalance2

:D

Lugemata postitus Postitas Whitebalance2 »

You can go Saaremaa to Hiimumaa with a ferry then you would not need to go on land again ;)
Kasutaja avatar

Hans
Kontakt:

Lugemata postitus Postitas Hans »

Hi,

You are warmly welcome to Estonia and the rest of Baltics as well!

I checked your trip and found some strange loops you plan to create:

21 Hiiumaa -Tartu
22 Tartu
23 Tartu-Loksa-Tallinn
24 Tallinn

I'd suggest you to head from Hiiumaa directy to Tallinn, then Loksa and after that Tartu, and from there already back home, makes more sence in my opinion. By the way, there's nothing much to see in Loksa and if you have some more time to spend, you could drive to the East border instead. There are some interesting places, like Narva, you'll see Russia with your own eyes over Narva river 8). The north-east of Estonia is a big mining area and you'll see "ash mountains", that are probably not very common in the whole world. But, it's up to you, anyway 8)

All the best,
Hans
V-MAX

Külaline

Lugemata postitus Postitas Külaline »

Tal oli Tartus üritus vist plaanis... kuigi see Piratica värk toimub nädal varem.

Keegi teadjam võiks ka selgitada, et ta praamijärjekorras rattaga seisma ei pea. Muidu mine tea, äkki seisab üldjärjekorras veel. :wack:

Tuuli

Lugemata postitus Postitas Tuuli »

Hei!
You wrote 21.07 Hiiumaa, Tartu > Biker fest Piratica. But the event organised by Piratica, takes place 14-15.07 in Tartu.
21.-23.07 there is "Õllemoto" at Saaremaa, the ticket is 170eek.
Also, if you'd like to ride around and see Estonia, then 22.07 there is Rock Race at Pärnu airport, cars and motorcycles are racing there.
27-30.07 there is Jõgevatreff in Kuremaa, Jõgevamaa - but it seems you aren't here by that time. Anyway, that is definitely a great event.
And a piece of advise - when you're travelling by ferry, then there's no point in queue up. Just ride to the beginning of the queue. ;)

Hope you'll enjoy your time in Estonia!

Tuuli

Lugemata postitus Postitas Tuuli »

More commercial - the Jõgevatreff is the greatest event in Baltics. 2005 there were about 1700 motorcyclists. Besides the parade, there is lots of other activities to take part in. It takes place near the lake, so there is favorable opportunity to go swimming. And of course there are bands and possibility to go to sauna. 27-28.07 there are optional pleasure trips - discovering Estonian most interesting places and having good time in the best company (with your own bike, the docent is arranged) - thats just something for you! ;)
So if there is any chance, then it wold be nice if you could take part in Jõgevatreff - i think you wouldn't regret it! ;)
Kasutaja avatar

Kri$o$
Tsikkel: rod ja pooleli xs

Lugemata postitus Postitas Kri$o$ »

Just asuggestion.

You can drive by ferry directly from Saaremaa to Hiiumaa.

http://www.laevakompanii.ee/index.php?l ... 1&av_id=36

http://www.laevakompanii.ee/index.php?l ... 1&av_id=36

It gives you lot of time to look around on our islands.
Sex is like a card game, if you don't have a good partner, then you better have a good hand ...
I don't give a shit, I don't take any shit, I'm not in the shit busines!
Kasutaja avatar

CB500

Lugemata postitus Postitas CB500 »

Hello, I have to comment. I spent my childhood near Loksa and went to school there. Skip Loksa, there is nothing to see at Loksa, this town sucks, believe me, I know :) My home is near Loksa, but I visit this town as less as I can. It is not a typical estonian little town, there are many russians at Loksa, who are brought decades ago from russia to work at shipyard. You can see it in the streets too, that there are lot`s of russians.
Just to remind you, russians are the ones who occupied us for 50 years after the world war II.
If you want to see Lahemaa, visit places like Käsmu, Võsu, Vergi, Altja, Palmse. Small villages, but they are nice, and there are nice roads too ;)

Btw, I visited Croatia last summer on my Hornet and liked it very much.
it's a honda. ride it like you stole it, change the oil once in a while. enjoy.
Kasutaja avatar

Hans
Kontakt:

Lugemata postitus Postitas Hans »

My dear linza :D

You should check more carefully what I ment - mining, not mines or landmines. There's big difference, you know 8)

Regards,
Hans
V-MAX

Külaline

hmm..

"Bikers Pub" -- http://www.bikerspub.ee -- what aint so biker-pub anymore because owner aint same as it used to be

"Buffalo Pub" -- http://www.buffalo.ee -- we have meetings there every monday 20:00. eat and drink etc :-)
Kasutaja avatar

kris.
Tänanud: 12 korda
Tänatud: 24 korda

Lugemata postitus Postitas kris. »

Tuuli kirjutas:
More commercial - the Jõgevatreff is the greatest event in Baltics.
Oh yeah, certainly (what is the correct symbol for sarcastic smiley?). For first time visitors ... maybe ...

br
kris.
XVZ-13 TF - Big Blue Light
Riding with a King!

Külaline

Hlo,
Just in case - ferryboat from Ventspils (Latvia) to Saaremaa (Estonia):
http://www.slkferries.ee/

So You can plan round trip like ...ventspils-saaremaa-hiiumaa-tallinn-tartu-riga... or something.

regards from hiiumaa

Külaline

linza kirjutas:
Anonymous kirjutas:
hmm..
"Buffalo Pub" -- http://www.buffalo.ee -- we have meetings there every monday 20:00. eat and drink etc :-)
See you there. Hope you’ll recognize my :)
And we dont park our bikes to front of the Pub or dont sit inside the pub either. We use garden , u need to drive around the house. Usualy 10-20 bikes , u cant miss it :-P
Kasutaja avatar

InterFace
Kontakt:

Lugemata postitus Postitas InterFace »

Hm strange, why im Anonymous allways. Anyway a useful website is http://delfi.regio.ee . Just enter the address and it shows it to you. You can zoomin/zoomout too.
e.g. "Liimi 1" . Thats Buffalo Pub
<a href="http://www.rolleriklubi.org/foorum/view ... 0">Piaggio Free 50 '1998 - "Juust"</a>
Vasta

Liitu vestlusega

Vestluses osalemiseks pead sa olema motokommuuni liige

Avan konto

Pole veel liige? Pole probleemi, registreeru ja liitu.
Liikmena saad sa ise postitada ja vastata teisetel või tellida endale teavitusi vestluse edenemise kohta.
Kõik siin on tasuta ja võtab vaid minuti. Kohtusi sellega ei kaasne.

Registreeru

Logi sisse

Mine “In English”