Tere

Teema algataja
Sibbo

Lugemata postitus Postitas Sibbo »

unlimited kirjutas:
Just talk with younger people, most of them can speak English easily. Elderly people in Estonia can speak Russian or Estonian mainly.
Those words you described will probably be enough.
That’s good to know.
ciim kirjutas:
You should also learn following:

üks õlu palun ( one beer please) or
kaks õlut palun ( two beers please) :twisted:
You know me very well!!! Do I drink Saku? What do you recommend? http://www.beerguide.ee/estyld.html
Piipz kirjutas:
Actually it's not even that dramatic (about older people not speaking english). Im 100% sure you will survive even if you speak english only.

Im sure a lot of people will ride to the Piratica MC event from Tallinn (biker.ee people also) and they will probably help you to get there.

But if you want to learn more estonian - You speaking a few estonian words just looks a lot cooler :P
It would be fantastic if I could get some help getting to the Piratica MC event, as it could be a bit difficult for me on my first time to Estonia.

From what I have read, although many Estonian’s can speak English, you will be more welcomed if you try to speak Estonian to start with, as it is more polite. The last thing I want to do is be like a loud drunk English person on a bucks weekend, as I think that the English are the Americans of Europe, loud and obnoxious.
CB500 kirjutas:
Hello Sibbo, I think also, you probably wont have any problems, if you speak english.

Just curiosity, what shall you be riding here? do you have a europe tour?
I wont be riding anything, well I might hire a bike from the Estonian bike hire company I found on the web. They have naked bikes and a few adventure/big trail bikes. But I don’t know how strict the police are on speeding, don’t know the roads, don’t have my gear, so it might not be the smartest thing I could do.

I don’t have an organised tour, I am just travelling on my own through Estonia and then to Austria to meet a friend who lives there and seeing Austria and the surrounding countries, then back home.
oma_jope kirjutas:
that depends on how dramatic your accent is. If your "opponent" looks too confused after your "australian", I suggest you repeat yourself holding back your accent as much as you can :)

Also, I share the curiosity of CB500 - how come that you choosed our country for visit? And I hope you don't mind a small advice for Europe travel: a knife, as Paul Hogan carries in Dundee movie, might get you in trouble at the airport...
I have no hope of being understood, as I think my accent is quite strong and I don’t know how to turn it off. I might have to resort to just pointing and smiling a lot, like a Japanese tourist!!!

I am going to Estonia because that is where my Grandfather was born, so I am very curious too see the country and the people.

Thanks for the advice, I will be sure to leave my knife at home! hahahaha

Piipz kirjutas:
I might be able to answer that:

We have the most beautiful women on earth and Australia is almost the furthest country from here :P So its like travelling around the world.
I have heard that Estonian women are the most beautiful in the world and I am very keen to find out if that is true! I hope they like Aussi guys that can’t speak Estonian, or speak more than “kaks õlut palun”.

You also have relatively cheep beer and friendly people on bike forums!

Liitu vestlusega

Vestluses osalemiseks pead sa olema motokommuuni liige

Avan konto

Pole veel liige? Pole probleemi, registreeru ja liitu.
Liikmena saad sa ise postitada ja vastata teisetel või tellida endale teavitusi vestluse edenemise kohta.
Kõik siin on tasuta ja võtab vaid minuti. Kohtusi sellega ei kaasne.

Registreeru

Logi sisse

Mine “In English”