Greetings from Germany

For English-speaking visitors :) Welcome !

Moderaator: Moded

Teema algataja
Külaline

Greetings from Germany

Lugemata postitus Postitas Külaline »

Hey guys,
greetings from Germany.
I was just looking around and found the last entry is of June 2004. Anybody listening?

Uwe

Teema algataja
Külaline

what ever :lol:

Kuubik

Lugemata postitus Postitas Kuubik »

Yep this forum is active!
SR 50 R
Kasutaja avatar

Primo
Tsikkel: KTM 640 Adventure R '00
Tänanud: 1 kord
Tänatud: 1 kord

Lugemata postitus Postitas Primo »

Hey...local guys - be polite and chill... :wink:

For our guest - This is an estonian forum, so we communicate in estonian.We don't have much foreign guests, who writes in english, thatswhy the last entry is made in the middel of the summer :D .Short answer to youre question is - no, this forum is very much alive :twisted: , only in estonian language :D

Regards,

primo
Challenge the Adventure.Ride The World

Teema algataja
uwe

Lugemata postitus Postitas uwe »

Thank you Tim, this is not the kind of answer I expected.
I never read or write any word in Estonish (Is this right?), but I found the way to register. So I think I am not stupid or blind.
And if you will wear your glasses, you will easily recognize the age of the last entries in this forum (I was talking about the english speaking part of it, ok?)

So far for the welcome ceremony.... :wink:

A fellow countryman of you was looking into our Forum some days ago and I asked him for infos about your country. Wintertime is always planning time and I am thinking of a trip to the Baltic states in the next two years.
But if the whole folk is as friendly as Tim is.......maybe I should think over this idea again.

Uwe
Kasutaja avatar

Primo

Herzliche willkommen Uwe :D ,

I apologize to you for Tim's behaviour.I assure you, that most of the grownup forum users are very nice people.I'm glad that you yoined us, actually we needed some refreshing in our English forum :D
Try to stay as an active member, it would be a pleasure to us :D

Welcome again
Glad to have you here 8)

P.S.If you think Estonish as in english word, correct is estonian language
:D

primo
Kasutaja avatar

puhh
Tsikkel: 90º V2
Kontakt:

Lugemata postitus Postitas puhh »

Welcome Uwe,

I hope that we can see you in Estonia next year or year after that. Don't be angered about guys, who speak faster than think.
You are welcome and don't hesitate ask help. Be our quest frequently.

Best regards
puhh
For our guys peace & calm down :wink: :D
Kasutaja avatar

Tim
Tsikkel: KX250F

Lugemata postitus Postitas Tim »

peace, Uwe! :D

Teema algataja
uwe

Hey guys,
thank you all for your friendly welcome. Don't worry, I am very patient and will not run away after the first shot. :wink:
It's allright, Tim. But I am a good shooter, too. :wink:

Ok....it is not so easy for me to navigate through this forum. All the buttons have strange names. :roll:
But my home is a phpBB-Board, too and so it takes only a little time to be familiar with this one.

Some words about me: I am 44 years old, married with 3 grown-up kids and got a job in IT. My actual bike is a BMW 1150 GS since 3 weeks, during a bad accident in August in the southern alps nearly Sterzing I shredded my nine months old GSX 1400. Still have some problems with my left feet, walking is nearly impossible. But riding is ok. :wink:

So lets have a good time here.

Greets
Uwe
Kasutaja avatar

puhh
Kontakt:

Hey Uwe
How long have you (I mean both of you - you and your wife) been riding motorcycles? Which part of Germany you are from?

Greetings

Teema algataja
uwe

Hi Puhh,
my wife is riding since 1998, she was a late bloomer. :wink: :lol: But now we have a lot of fun riding together and we spent most of our free time on the bikes. I am riding bikes since 1978.
We live in the Frankfurt/Main area, some 50km away. So to speak nearly in the middle. :wink:

Uwe
Kasutaja avatar

Soultrain
Kontakt:

Lugemata postitus Postitas Soultrain »

Hi uwe.

Can I ask, where this interest of baltic states has came from? Have you seen all other european countries allready? :lol:
We have here lots of great places and much to show, so don´t hesitate a minute if you have had this kind of plan.
If you know better what kind of plans you´ll have, then just informe us in here and I think we can arrange something for you, if you´d like it.

Greetings
Soul
Loud pipes save lives!!!

Teema algataja
uwe

Hey soul,

of course you can ask. :wink:
Yes, I have visited most of the european contries in the west and only a few in the east, by bike or by truck. I was driving a truck through the 80's, made nearly 2 mio. km in this time.
Since 1996 I have ridden about 130.000km on my different bikes, mostly in France, Italy and the other western neighbour countries. My cousin is a traveller on bike, too and he had the chance to visit some eastern european countries.
I have heard a lot of travel reports from the Baltics and I want to visit them.

Uwe
Kasutaja avatar

henry
Tsikkel: Suzuki GSX1100G

Lugemata postitus Postitas henry »

Nice 2 see U Uwe!

Henry
We keep contact also in forum.gsx1100g.de

Teema algataja
uwe

Allright, Henry. CU on the bytestream.

Uwe

Teema algataja
Külaline

Hi,

Always is a pleasure to see other touring bikers:-)
I ride since 95 and touring rides since 97. Covered about 165000 km since then.
I have visited most countries of Europe, also Russia and Ukraine
I have visited Germany several times and I love this country! :-)
And I hope to see a lot more, I am only 31. Hope you like Estonia, when you'll see it!

Regards,
Kk
Kasutaja avatar

kalle
Tsikkel: Joone all on miskit
Tänatud: 13 korda
Kontakt:

Lugemata postitus Postitas kalle »

sorry, I posted last one

Kk

Teema algataja
Passe

Hi!

Lugemata postitus Postitas Passe »

Hi Uwe!

Nice to see German guys around here. Im a Finnish lad, but I have Estonian girlfriend and thats how Im connected to this site. And bikes of course. Im riding with Yamaha Thunderace -97. Nice bike. I worked in Germany 2000-2001 in Dörpen, Nordland Papier Gmbh. Its small village near Leer. I had great time, and I was planning to see my German mates in May...And have to go again when schutzenfest is. Damn, I was drunk last time. Big carnevals and parties. But there are good parties in Estonia too.And lot of great places to see.

Take care,
Passe

Teema algataja
uwe

Hey....just found the possibility to set the forum's language to english. Much better to work with it. :wink:
Sorry guys, your language sounds really interesting, but is totally strange to me. Think I have a lot to learn. I speak english, basically french and a little italian, but this is beyond my horizon at the moment. But if someone stops learning, he stops living. That's what Ive learned over the years. :wink:

Oki, a lot of posts to read. Primo, your desired refreshing has become true. :lol:

Passo, I've been in Leer for vacations some years ago. Nice place to spend some quiet holidays on the countryside. But this is not my favorite area for biking. Too flat, nearly absolute lack of curvy roads. :wink:
How did you get there to work? That's not "around the corner" from your home.

KK, I am sure you have enough time to visit the rest of the world. 31 is young enough to do so. :wink:
Meanwhile I am sure I will like Estonia when I ever get the chance to get there. Just visited some other websites, looks great. And the behavior of the users here in the forum make me believe that the folks there are very friendly.

Uwe

Teema algataja
Passe

Uwe,

Im working at the papermill here in Finland and its the 3th biggest forest company in the world. So our company owns mills around the world.I just came back from England where I was 18 months. Nice place too.Good football and beer, like in Germany.But have to say the sausages in GB are shit compare to German ones. And you have more smaller breweries than in England.
Kasutaja avatar

CB500

Lugemata postitus Postitas CB500 »

uwe kirjutas:
Meanwhile I am sure I will like Estonia when I ever get the chance to get there. Just visited some other websites, looks great. And the behavior of the users here in the forum make me believe that the folks there are very friendly.
I have an experience, that German bikers are nice and friendly too. Last summer in Lithuania I ran completely out of my chain grease, looked for it everywhere, stopped in every gas station on my way.. etc. Nothing! Finally we met three German bikers in Nida, who gave me chain grease, enough to get home with lubricated chain.
it's a honda. ride it like you stole it, change the oil once in a while. enjoy.

Teema algataja
uwe

You will find friendly and unfriendly bikers like people in every country. Usually bikers are a good community here, I often find bikers who want to help in case of a problem. I do so, too.

Uwe
Kasutaja avatar

Primo

If people don't mind, I decided to change the name of the topic...Now, when the point of the topic has changed... :D

primo :D

Teema algataja
uwe

Ok, Primo. Accepted. :wink:
The old topic had such a bad touch. :lol:

Uwe
Kasutaja avatar

puhh
Kontakt:

Passe kirjutas:
Uwe,

IGood football and beer, like in Germany.But have to say the sausages in GB are shit compare to German ones. And you have more smaller breweries than in England.
Hey Passe
Did you ever drink wellscott, this is scotish whiskey and wells beer mix in the bottle. :D don't affreid it's not so bad as it sounds and not so sharp as screwdriver :D :D :D .

Ok, maybe the sausage are bad in England, but the German white beer are also bad. :D :D :wink: . Ok, the German sausage I will taste next year, when I try make the small tour in Europe.
English landscape are really wonderful. And some places in South Estonia are quite similar.

Teema algataja
Passe

No. I didnt try with Wells beer with whiskey. But almost every other beer i did with. :D

Last year we went with bikes to Scotland, and it was very nice. But travelling was very slow, because every time we stopped and stayed over night somewhere, people were surprised to see Finnish guys with bikes and English numberplates. And in the evening we did drink whiskey and beer. A lot. So people wanted to chat with us.You know, style was like this: Where are you going?- To bed- No no no, lets have one more, its on me. And one , and one more....So we woke up like 10 or 11 clock in the morning.And terrible hangover. But Scottish weather was good for headache.The scenery was great:
http://www.undiscoveredscotland.co.uk/f ... rtwilliam/

And Ive been in southern Estonia many times. My sweetheart lives there :wink:

Teema algataja
Vagabond

Lugemata postitus Postitas Vagabond »

Ok, maybe the sausage are bad in England, but the German white beer are also bad.
Now, that's a matter of taste... personally I like the weissbiers very much and I was very happy when Saku started producing our own Valge (the Estonian weissbier) :bsmile:

VB
Kasutaja avatar

puhh
Kontakt:

Honestly, I must say, that I also like weissbier. Once I taste very good German weissbier, but I can't remember the name. I saw the bottle only moment (it wasn't mine). And in Belgia I tasted also very good weissbier or how they call it.
In England are quite easy to find place where stop. B&B are almost on every corner, but how easy (or difficult) are in German to find place, I mean even hostel or camping ground. May I spend the night in arbitrary place (on the banks of beautiful river for example)? :roll:
Kasutaja avatar

kalle
Tsikkel: Joone all on miskit
Tänatud: 13 korda
Kontakt:

Lugemata postitus Postitas kalle »

I don't know how local people take it but I have never taken any camp or hotel in Germany. I have always stayed in tent somewhere next to gas station or behind the trees and no problems :-)

Kk

Teema algataja
uwe

Hey, KK, are you a fuel sniffer? Camping next to a gas station? :lol:

Wild camping is sadly forbidden, but this is the same as in most other european contries.

Weissbier is a good stuff, I like it very much, too. Usually Franziskaner or Erdinger, the dark yeast types.

How's the beer in Estonia? Comparable to the german beers?
Please don't try to tell me you found a good english beer. ;) Thats impossible. ;) ;)
Maybe Guinness, but this is not everyone's taste.

Uwe
Suletud

Mine “In English”