Touring the baltics and Poland

Kasutaja avatar

CB500

Lugemata postitus Postitas CB500 »

Well, we just got back from 4-day tour to latvia and lithuania. This time we focused on lithuania. Went to the trip with my girlfriend on one bike. It`s a great country, lots of places to see.. Example Trakai castle which is in excellent condition. If you are in lithuania, you should also visit the Palanga and Nida, to Nida you can get on ferry from Klaipeda, which is a big port-town. The ferry leaves every twenty minutes. In Palanga there is a big selections of hotels and restaurants, just go there! :)
In Latvia we accidently arrived in Sigulda - you should visit the famous bobsled track - you can ride there also with proffessional driver (not from the very top but from middle :). (the track is not covered with ice!) There is also lots of other things to see in Sigulda and you can buy a famous sigulda walking-stick. I am sure you will find the size you like. ;)

If your bike is chain driven, make sure that you have enough chain grease. I ran out of mine in lithuania and could not find it in any of lithuanian gas stations, but lucky for me, I met some german bikers who gave me some.
In Tallinn you can find chain grease at Peterburi street, there is Bike World (local Honda dealer) and right next is Stokker (Valvoline dealer).
If you want Honda original lubrigant go to the Bike World, if Valvoline is good enough go to Stokker.

As during 3-days in lithuania we saw just a few police patrols (who usually were doing nothing) I got little arrogant.. :oops: and just before leaving lithuania they got me for overspeed.. :? 120kmh in 90 zone. I wanted to get home a.s.a.p. :)
Well, the fines in lithuania for speeding are very big (where isn`t?), finally we managed to bribe them with 40 euros which was also almost the last cash we had. Police also told me, that if cars and motorcycles drive 100kmh in 90 zone, then they wont stop them.

Here are some useful links about Latvia and Lithuania:
www.lithuania.lt
www.trakai.lt
www.palanga.lt
www.sigulda.lv
www.jurmala.lv
it's a honda. ride it like you stole it, change the oil once in a while. enjoy.

Liitu vestlusega

Vestluses osalemiseks pead sa olema motokommuuni liige

Avan konto

Pole veel liige? Pole probleemi, registreeru ja liitu.
Liikmena saad sa ise postitada ja vastata teisetel või tellida endale teavitusi vestluse edenemise kohta.
Kõik siin on tasuta ja võtab vaid minuti. Kohtusi sellega ei kaasne.

Registreeru

Logi sisse

Mine “In English”