Hello from Sydney, Australia (Oz) (down-under)

Teema algataja
J.D.

Re: Hello from Sydney, Australia (Oz) (down-under)

Lugemata postitus Postitas J.D. »

Sidecars! ahhh yes! I have quite some experience already, like riding 1000km from Melbourne to Sydney with a sidecar on the right side. I think the sidecar wheel only touched the highway a few times! (Note I said the "right" side). In Australia it is like England and the sidecar must be on the LEFT side. Grrrr!

But I have almost solved the problem. I have an old Ural sidecar with the heavy leaf springs. Man they are heavy springs, no wonder they changed to little springs with a rubber cover under the sidecar. It has taken me years to "cut and paste" my sidecar frame to mirror image. I used to just sit and look at it in a large wall mirror and drink beer trying to figure out how to "reverse" it. About 30 cuts and welds later it is now a left hand sidecar. I spent AUD$900 on black laquer and other little things. I have not bothered to try and change the sidecar passenger cutout entry. It keeps the water out from the side also. I hope if all goes to plan it will be on the bike soon. One nut and bolt at a time.

Pilt

Pilt

yes, grahv, you are right. Sidecars are the best and that is my plan. :bsmile:

Liitu vestlusega

Vestluses osalemiseks pead sa olema motokommuuni liige

Avan konto

Pole veel liige? Pole probleemi, registreeru ja liitu.
Liikmena saad sa ise postitada ja vastata teisetel või tellida endale teavitusi vestluse edenemise kohta.
Kõik siin on tasuta ja võtab vaid minuti. Kohtusi sellega ei kaasne.

Registreeru

Logi sisse

Mine “In English”